Chair: Commissioner Tammy Williams of the Queensland Family and Child Commission
Presenter: Commissioner Robert Fitzgerald of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
The Royal Commission’s work has challenged our nation and shone a spot light on the dark side of child sexual abuse in our institutions. It has exposed systemic failings as well as flawed individuals. It has researched important issues and consulted widely. But most importantly it has listened to the voices of those directly affected, survivors of child sexual abuse.
Commissioner Fitzgerald poses the challenging questions:
- What are the early learnings and challenges that are emerging?
- What are the challenges for our legal and protection systems?/li>
- What are the emerging changes in institutional culture, practice and governance that are needed?
- Are these just part of an evolutionary response or a more radical reform?
- And will children and young people be truly safer as result?
Members Content: Related Materials-Speaker’s Paper